Professional Tips & Info from Connecticut Carpet Cleaning
Tough stains and embarrassing messes polluting your carpets, area rugs and furniture? Let our insider secrets help you prevent and correct messy situations.
- Split Second Spill? Start cleaning NOW. Start damage control immediately after a spill of any kind. Most stains can be treated and removed in the time immediately following the accident. If not, you risk permanent damage.
- Blot up wet messes. If you have a wet spot in your carpet, rug or furniture completely avoid rubbing it. We advise you to blot it. Wet spots spread quickly if rubbed. If you have a dry spill, vacuum away the excess dirt before dampening the area.
- The magic of club soda. No need to cry over spilled wine or dark juice on your carpet, rug or furniture. Just apply a bit of club soda as it generally removes most dark red stains.
- Gentle cleansers work best. When using over the counter, cleaning products always start with the gentlest mixture available, like dish detergent. After cleaning the affected area, you then neutralize the area with high alkaline or high acid cleansers. Finish by rinsing the area completely. Any left-over cleaning products tend to attract more soil.
- Scrape, scrape, scrape. Do not attempt dig or brush stains in your carpet or area rugs. Try gently scraping the stain towards the middle of the area. Then dampen it with a white towel or cloth. Leave the area to dry, untouched, overnight.
- Start with a test spot. Before attempting to clean stains yourself, definitely test a patch to see how the cleaning solution reacts. Certain types of cleaners may be too harsh which causes loss of color and/or texture.
- Dry before analyzing results. Before judging the outcome of your spot removal, wait for the area to dry completely. Then you can attempt another treatment.
- Vacuuming really, truly helps. Did you know that embedded dirt causes most of the premature damage and fading of your carpet? Reduce your risk by not only vacuuming more often, but also, as thoroughly and effectively as possible.
- Search for help and answers. Need more advice or further help? Try researching different cleansers and disinfectants before choosing a store bought solution.
- Ask for help. If the stain and spot still remains on your carpet, rug or upholstery after your DIY attempt, get serious and call a professional carpet cleaning company. Our expert technicians at Connecticut Carpet Cleaning thoroughly and quickly get rid of the problem.
Get Your Free In-Home Cleaning Test Today
We provide free, no-obligation, estimates for all of professional cleaning and repair services at your home.
Or Simply Call US at (203) 204-2475